Friday 13 May 2016

Club Boxes, Teasers and The Sisterhood of the Travelling Nightshade....

The first half of this month seems to have flown by almost at a trot! I'm of the firm belief it might have been urged on by a little magic, Eskarina style.

Sign ups for the Discworld Club are drawing to a close this coming Monday, so if you have yet to get yours sign up now herehttp://goo.gl/forms/zjaO8qXN6V

If you need a little convincing here's a little teaser for you.....

I'm rather in love with this new colourway, it's a full skein teaser for one of the club mini skeins. It's just such a deep vibrant red and gold with orange fiery speckles. I've been re-reading the Discworld books and was inspired by the Wizards of Unseen University (Mostly Rincewind) and The Colour of Magic. So I'm pretty sure I'm going to be calling this new colourway Octarine. What do you think? This colourway won't be available in the store until after the Club ends, so if you have a hankering, sign up and get yours! I'm now reading Mort, so if you want to join me in my read-along (it's 4 books in).

Keep an eye on the Instagram and Facebook pages for more teasers over the course of this month. There may yet be another yarn teaser, with the promised Boozin' blue men in kilts colourway! Otherwise you'll get some teasers of the club extras. 

I've been dyeing like a crazy person and having far too much fun with my new base, Yes I did say new base! I've been working with Andy over at Wooltops to create the most amazing quintessentially British worsted weight yarn. The Merino wool was sourced by Andy from the Falkland Islands and is gorgeously soft, and mulesing free. Then processed and spun by John Arbon here in the Uk. It's a fantastically bouncy superwash merino yarn 190m /100g. The perfect jumper weight yarn. I can't stop stroking it, and I can't wait to get started on the jumper pattern for the Glass collection using this yarn. At the moment the yarn base is available only as a custom order, in our regular or custom colourways, by contacting us through the shop at Thirdvaultyarns.com 

I've been having some fun dyeing up the base, take a look at some of the colours i've been playing with.
I'm very much in love with the squishy goodness. I also played with a double stranded sock blank in one of the colourways as you can see in the bottom left corner. Which will be listed in the shop after re-skeining and de-kinking. I'd love opinions on this. Do you like knitting straight from sock blanks? What would you say are the pros and cons?

Now the Sisterhood, not so much a sisterhood but more a travelling swap with the lovely Nightshade or Sadie for short. Sadie is a gorgeous but slightly rebellious bunny in want of travelling opportunities. So after batting her eyelashes and generally warming our hearts with her loveableness she will be travelling to some lovely ladies around the UK who've promised to take her out and show her a good time. If you want to check out the cuteness overload and keep abreast of her travels, come by the Third Vault On the Left Ravelry group or check out #Sadiestravellingswap on Instagram.

She'll be attending some Wool shows over the next few months, so if you see her, give her a shout out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment